Lets get this out of the way (part 1)

It’s been so long since I’ve been updating regularly, I have A LOT to catch up on.  I want to get to all the fun stuff I did this summer because I’m really excited to share and show the pictures.  But I also have some not-so-fun stuff to catch up on too.  So let’s get that out of the way, shall we?

Here it is, The Health Update.  Part 1.

Yes, this should be the one that’s the most happy and fun to catch up on, but sadly it’s not.
Let’s go back to the spring.  The last time I updated here was in the beginning of April.  I had just been in the hospital again for bleeding.  They didn’t know exactly how to fix it and I was sent home again.


The bleeding never really stopped.  I had been in and out of the ER and hospital a number of times and they never really knew what to do with me.  Honestly I don’t think they believed how bad the bleeding was.  Stomas bleed normally and are very sensitive. On some level I always suspected they thought I was being a big baby.

And then one day in the beginning of May I had a huge bleed.  I ended up getting into the shower holding rags over the stoma to try to get it to stop.  The bathroom looked like a murder scene.  Blood was spurting everywhere.  Gruesome.
At one point I was sitting in the bathtub letting the shower run over me.  When I thought the bleeding had stopped I tried to stand up and everything started to go in slow motion.  Everything sounded like I was in a tunnel and I grabbed onto the rack on the shower door to keep myself from what could’ve been an embarrassing way to be found in the bottom of the tub.  Nalani and I were the only ones home and she was awesome.  She called MJ and they were able to get ahold of a friend of ours to take me back to the ER.  Of course by the time I get there the bleeding stops so they just want to send me home.  I put my foot down this time.  I told him I almost passed out and I wasn’t going back home until they had an answer for me.
I was admitted and this time they finally got to see what all the bleeding fuss was about.  I had a major bleed the first night I was there and they had to call the trauma team in.  I think at one point I actually did say, “Seeeeee.  THIS is what I’ve been trrrying to tell you!”  But now they really didn’t know what to do with me.


After a few days they did a procedure where they cauterized some veins and did some banding and other things that I don’t quite understand.  It was a 5 hour procedure.  I was in the hospital for a total of 10 days that time.  And it was the last time I would be in the hospital!  Ok, well, at least for awhile.

Part two to come…


One thought on “Lets get this out of the way (part 1)

  1. Pingback: Lets get this out of the way (part 2) | Kairos Time

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s